Welcome to Worden! I am extremely proud to be the Headteacher of such a successful and continually improving high school. The Academy plans for an innovative and personalised curriculum which provides a stimulating education within a friendly and supportive community.
The Senior Leadership Team has been at Worden for many years, helping shape its direction and working towards our shared vision for Worden to be an outstanding school where:
- All pupils achieve and are recognised as unique individuals with specific talents and needs. Pupils only get one chance and we take very seriously our role of providing the best possible opportunities for them to gain the most from their time here.
- Excellent teaching encourages intellectual, creative, technological and physical growth. We aim to develop our students’ ability to think independently, solve problems, communicate effectively and live happy and fulfilling lives.
- Pupils are motivated and recognise the joy of achievement in a safe and orderly environment.
- Parents are encouraged to take an active part in their child’s education and in the life of the school in general.
- The pupils' experiences provide opportunities to become tolerant, resilient and respectful. Pupils are encouraged to develop the skills required to face the challenges of the future.
- Pupils experience a range of enrichment within and beyond the school day and in the community.